Create an amazing Dark Navigation Bar in this full tutorial that explains the 3 states of the nav bar, on hold, on click and hover.
1. Start by opening a new 580 * 100px file. Select the Rounded Rectangle Tool and make a small rectangle in a new layer and with any color. Right click over the layer and select Rasterize Layer.
2. Apply the following layer styles to it. Inner Glow: #67686c
3. Gradient Overlay: #000000 to #505153
4. Stroke: #25262a
5. It should look like this
6. Now, add your links using Trebuchet MS Bold 13 pt Strong #ffffff
7. And add this Drop Shadow to it
8. This is how it should be now
9. Create a new layer. Select the Rectangular Marquee Tool and make a 1px width selection like in the image below, fill it whit #000000 and change Opactiy to 30%
10. Repeat step 9 but using #ffffff and 10% Opacity
11. Duplicate last layer(both lines) for as many links as you have and place the lines between each link. Now, select using the Rectangular Marquee Tool between both lines of a link, create a new layer and fill it with #171717
12. Duplicate the layer and add it these layer styles. Inner Glow:
13. Gradient Overlay: #1e7bbb to #8bc6f2
14. Stroke: #0a0605
15. This is what you should have so far
16. Create a new layer, select the Rounded Rectangle Tool and make a small rectangle with #ffffff
17. Apply these layer styles: Drop Shadow
18. Inner Shadow
19. Gradient Overlay: #ffffff to #f2f2f2
20. This is what it should look like
21. Just write some text in the search field and it’s finished. This are the 3 “states” of the Navigation Bar, on hold, on click and hover.