Learn how to make the Mac OS X Mail’s icon in a easy way.
1. Using the Custom Shape Tool while pressing Shift make this shape:
2. Now right click over the layer and Rasterize Layer.
3. The go to Edit/Transform/Rotate 90°
4. Double click over the layer to open Layer Style’s window and add a Drop shadow as seen below.
5. Then go to Gradient Overlay and use #e7e7e7 to #f9f9f9 for the gradient.
6. Now make a new layer and with the Rectangle Marquee Tool make a rectangle a few pixel smaller than the stamp. Fill it with white and press Ctrl+D.
7. Redo the step 4 but now use these values.
8. Now you should have something like this:
9. Then copy some photo and paste it in the document and press Ctrl+T to resize the photo, Now while pressing Shift resize it.
10. Now we’re going to select the second layer (white rectangle). While pressing Ctrl, click over the thumb and then go to Select/Modify/Contract and put 5px and go to Select/Inverse. After that select the layer where the photo is and press Delete and press Ctrl+D to deselect.
11. Select all the layers and go to Layer/Group from Layers after that press Ctrl+T and rotate them -15°
12. Make a selection with the Elliptical Marquee Tool as shown below.
13. Fill it with a Radial Gradient, White to Transparent. Then change the mode to Soft Light and Opacity to 65%
14. Now select the first layer then go to Select/Inverse and press Delete.
15. Finally I duplicated the group and made black and withe the photo to do it press Ctrl+Shift+U or go to Image/Adjustments/Desaturate.